Cutlass Trilogy

Monday, February 25, 2013

Artwork by Brittiny!

Hello everyone!

Today I wanted to share some artwork with you. This was done by my wonderfully talented friend, Brittiny Hines. She's responsible for the artwork you've seen on my blog. Check out her blog HERE! I gave Brittiny descriptions from my books and these Pinterest boards:

Larkin Inspiration
Sara Inspiration

You'll probably be able to figure out what she drew from.

These two are called Character Sheets. All those notes are questions and thoughts Brittiny had while drawing them. I can tell you that she portrayed these girls perfectly. I mean, she even considered how the curves of their bodies would reflect their personality. Isn't that crazy?




Now, once she's finished, she'll paint them. She e-mailed me this surprise last night:



I couldn't stop staring at these pictures. I mean, Brittiny brought my characters to life, and I was just in awe. What do you guys think? And how have you managed to bring your characters to life?

10 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! She is so talented. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such fantastic character drawings. I'm jealous. I love how they have so much personality, like you can totally see that they are scheming something up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rena! They do look like they are scheming up something, LOL. I was also amazed by how well she conveyed their personalities! It really is awesome what various artists can do with your own art.

      Delete
  3. Very cool. I want to see her draw a femme fatale, now. Bright red lips, "woe is me" eyes, etc. I tend to sketch my characters out a few times while writing my books. It helps me cement certain things about them. I'm not as good as your friend here, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a drawing of her sirin: http://cymone-domnique.tumblr.com/page/4 Perhaps not completely a femme fatale...but very close. I wish I could draw! I can only draw people, and I have to have a picture. :/

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. This is so cool! I so wish I could draw. What awesome characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful pics! I love the Disney-esque aspects :)

    And I really need a damn tablet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! She has quite the talent. I've always loved your blog header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my case its a daughter that has the artistic talent. I'm always bothering her for something. Found you through our mutual blogging friend Laura Stephenson. You can thank her for finding you another follower : )

    ReplyDelete