Cutlass Trilogy

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Guest Post: Derek Flynn!

When Ashley asked me to write a guest post, I was trying to figure out what I’d write about. I wanted to do something a little different, something fun. As luck would have it, we were chatting one day about movie soundtracks. So, as it happens, I write music as well. Usually rock stuff, but I’ve also written instrumental music for a few short films and ads, and so forth. In the course of the conversation, Ashley asked me if I had anything that would suit pirates.

Ping. Lightbulb moment.

I thought, wouldn’t that be a good idea for a guest post? What if I put up a couple of pieces of instrumental music and the readers of Ashley’s blog get to choose which piece they think is the best piece to be the soundtrack to her book Cutlass: Book One of the Pirate's Cutlass Trilogy.

Now, bear in mind, neither of the following pieces were written specifically for Cutlass, so what Ashley and I want you to do is tell us which piece of music you think is best suited to a book about pirates!

So, without further ado, this is “Piece No. 1”:


And “Piece No. 2”:


So, what do you think? Which piece of music best suits action and adventure with pirates on the high seas? Vote for your favourite in the comments below!

Blog: http://derekflynn.wordpress.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/derekf03

6 comments:

  1. Well, I must say that I cannot choose! I think these are so awesome! I have also listened to both of them while editing Cutlass!! AND I know EXACTLY where they'd work in the manuscript! Just which they were longer, lol, that way I could edit longer without restarting them!

    Thank you so much, Derek! You are, indeed, AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to both and I agree they are both awesome. Thank you for sharing this great interview. I did not know Derek and I feel honored to have the opportunity to get to know him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashley for having me, and thanks Melissa for the kind words. But, guys...you've got to choose! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. Those are beautiful!

    My favorite is the first one, hands down. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it's Jenny. (From our hometown) I like both of these, but I love the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cherie and Jenny. Looks like the jury is still out then! :)

    ReplyDelete