Cutlass Trilogy

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Overview

Well, I'm attempting to take on full-time blogging. I realllly want to be more involved online with writers and I decided the only way to do it, is to comment, blog and get involved in blogfest contests and whatever else I can dive into.

Now, why isn't this easy? Well, anyone who has followed me knows I'm a college kid. I also graduate in May but must complete my 19 hour course load first! Which I will do, :)

Anyway. To get organized aside from my school planner:

I now have this:


This is my blog schedule. I actually set it up for March, and wrote everything I have to do for the rest of February in the margins. I'm so excited!

One my list of things to do are part of the Campaign over at Rachael's Blog.

Header image and thumbnail photograph by
 Hugh Lee and licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/sahlgoode/

K.T. Hanna over at The Scribble Muse has begun this awesome campaign to get people motivated to finish their goals. If you'd like to sign up, head over there and check this out!

My goals are as follows, but unofficial (only meaning, I may add to this).

  • Come up with something cool for my "Blog Anniversary"!
  • Edit my short story for Cove and Sara
  • At least finish editing half of Flintlock (this will be about 200-250 pages)
  • Finish all school work and related Graduation/Graduate things 
  • Visit more blogs and plan more posts 

Yep. I made these super quick after an exam on Tuesday.These are all things I've been intending to get around to do, and have kind of accomplished some, but if I have this goal in mind and a support group, nothing's going to stop me!

I am also going to participate in the A-Z Challenge!!



My attempt at a theme are my characters/places. I might have to kinda tweak that a little considering I don't want to give a ton away!

Then there is the "Got Green?" Blog Hop!


You can stop by Mark Koopmans blog to learn more about it!

I hope this gives everyone some more awesome things to participate in! As for me, I'm off to study. Yay exams. :/

<3

21 comments:

  1. Wahoo! I'm all for seeing more of you around here :) Good luck juggling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Yes! It's just hard for me to find time to comment and post. It's like an all evening thing and I'm taking 19 hours of school.:/ yikes!

      Delete
  2. Hello from the campaign :D and wow I´m impressed by the way you organize yourself! Good luck with the exams and looking forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Gosh, seeing all the organization makes me feel like I should, uh, buy a planner, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I'm sure you're organized enough, Barbara! You're too busy not to be!

      Delete
  4. Ah yes. College. Remember it well. It was only less than two years ago for me :)

    So excited to see you around more!! You're gonna love it. :) Just make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew. I recommend blogging every other day or so. I actually don't have a schedule and blog when I have something to blog about. (Which usually tends to be about every other day).

    You didn't really ask for advice...haha. So feel free to ignore my ramblings ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I love advice! And I need it from an experienced person! LOL. Yes, I'm all sorts of bogged down with exams, papers, and trying to get into the job market! It's insane!

      I tried to do this 'post on mwf thing...and that just didn't work, lol.

      Delete
  5. Love your motivated spirit, Ashley! Good luck with your exams! Looking forward to seeing you around the blogger's block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your goals sound great. I'm making an effort to be more involved online too, so hopefully I'll see you around here a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you see you around more, too!

      Delete
  7. That looks very organised! It certainly is tough with all the academic work, I know how you feel!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been so organized in my life! LOL. Sometimes things warrant it.

      Delete
  8. Love your blogging calendar! Thinking I might need to make myself one to keep consistant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was super excited about it! My problem is, I hate white space...and I always feel the need to cover it all up!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you are well on your way to having the blog of your dreams. Blog Hops are really excellent ways to meet like-minded people and gain a following. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I hope so! It's almost been a year since I began this, I've had my ups and downs with it (mostly because of school and summer vacation), but I do enjoy it! Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Good for you! I'm doing A-Z too... did it last year and it's a lot of fun. ALso a great way to connect with other bloggers. And blogfests are also excellent for making new friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I began blogging right before it began! But I did read a lot of amazing posts!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for commenting! Second-semester seniors ftw! I'm terrible at blogging for that reason too; maybe we can inspire one another with our efforts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! It's always nice to share experiences! Like the fact that I can't write because of ALL. THIS. HOMEWORK!!! lol.

      Delete