Cutlass Trilogy

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gold Digger!

So, for my Hip Hop as Poetry class, I have to recite this rap. Not all of it, just the second verse....which goes like this:

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (When I'm in need)But she ain't messin' wit no broke, broke (she give me money)Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (When I'm in need)But she ain't messin' wit no broke, broke (I gotta leave)Get down girl, go 'head get down (I gotta leave)Get down girl, go 'head get down (I gotta leave)Get down girl, go 'head get down (I gotta leave)Get down girl, go 'head

[Verse 2:][Jamie Foxx's lyrics repeated across verse]18 years, 18 yearsShe got one of yo' kids, got you for 18 yearsI know somebody payin' child support for one of his kidsHis baby momma's car crib is bigger than hisYou will see him on TV, any given SundayWin the Superbowl and drive off in a HyundaiShe was supposed to buy ya shorty Tyco with ya moneyShe went to the doctor got lipo with ya moneyShe walkin' around lookin' like Michael with ya moneyShoulda' got that insured, GEICO for ya moneeey(your money)If you ain't no punk holla' we want pre-nupWE WANT PRE-NUP!, yeahIt's something that you need to have'Cause when she leave yo' ass she gon' leave with half18 years, 18 yearsAnd on her 18th birthday, he found out it wasn't his?

I feel like...this should be easier cause everyone recites raps/songs they like? This one's catchy? lol. I recited my spoken word yesterday...the bad thing is, she's going in reverse alphabetical order, therefore I will go tomorrow. That gives me one day to learn this.

On top of this, I spent 5 hours on campus attempting my Irish History paper...I'm on the 3rd page. It's just hard to write. Good news: I worked on my book!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, enjoy this video. hahaha.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha I love it! Back when I was in a sorority I had a frat brother who would sing this to me everytime I saw him.

    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I def need it!! My boyfriend is in a frat, and he likes hip hop music, so he's been a big help. lol.

    ReplyDelete