Cutlass Trilogy

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Too much, too much, too much!!!

Well, I lost ALL my Ireland photos apparently. I don't know how this happened. :/ They managed to not get onto my massive backup drive, any of my scan disks, and of course, nowhere on my computer. Almost 1,000 photos lost. :((

I have a few left like this one:
And some of the landscape and the beach...but man...that sucks. Ireland was the first place I went when I left Oklahoma, and it's been the only place ever since that I have visited overseas.

Anyways. I don't know how productive I have been. My to-do list is long. For starters, I should be writing a rap for my Hip Hop as Poetry class, but that hasn't happened. :/


I did print off 50 pages of my last book (on the left). I wrote 400, but I decided to rewrite. The story on the right is 100 pages of my second book which I will begin editing when school isn't so stressful. :((
I did get another rejection letter today, here is a quote from it:

"I apologize for not having better feedback for you-- sometimes it’s hard to put to words something that is just a matter of personal taste."

 So, I guess that means it's not me...it's the agent? lol. I understand. I think this is more encouraging than most rejection letters. What do you guys think?

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your photos. I dread something like that happening to my precious memories! You'll just have to go back now, won't you?

    And any feedback at all from an agent is good. It means they took the time to write something other than a form letter - so something struck them about your writing. And that's good! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree! I must go back! We're actually saving to go to Italy! :)) Learning Italian and all is pretty hard without actually going there, lol.

    I'm glad to hear that!! I've received so many formal rejections, it gets pretty...ugh...you know what I mean? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm *so* jealous that you've been to Ireland! That's the #1 place I want to visit. It's heartbreaking that you lost all the pics.

    Super cool that you got a personalized rejection. Way better than a form letter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very, very lucky to go, actually! They choose a student every year to go for free, and I was the luck one!! I really hope you get to go! It's so gorgeous! Make sure you see Kerry and Dingle! Beautiful!

    I do agree! lol. It's so funny that writers get excited about personal rejections, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's horrible news! I always try to upload my photos somewhere on the internet so I'll have something of a backup in case they get deleted one day.

    The rejection letter doesn't help much either, heh. But I do think it's encouraging--more like, "It's not that I think you don't have a good story, it's just I don't know how to sell it."

    ...I guess.

    Personally at this point I want to give up querying agents and just self-publish, haa :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! Lol. I mean...I'm very afraid because I feel as though I'm relying on them for my career and that's so scary now that I graduate in a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if it makes you feel better, I was reading Nathan Bransford this morning and came across this post by Jenny Bent: http://jennybent.blogspot.com/2011/04/think-of-me-as-conduit-not-gatekeeper.html I thought it was interesting, at least :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh!! Thank you! I'll definitely check this out!!

    ReplyDelete