Cutlass Trilogy

Monday, April 2, 2012

A-Z Challenge: B

Today is the letter B! (I feel like I'm on sesame street!)

B is for Barren, my MC.


Or if you like the cartoon one:

He's the second from the left. 
I decided I would interview Barren for this one:

*Barren acts like he's comfortable in his chair, but really isn't*
Me: So, are you ready? These are tough questions!
Barren: As ready as I'm going to be. 
Me: Okay then. First question: What do you like most about yourself?
Barren: *quiet for a long moment* I guess I can say I like myself now. I like who I am now. 
Me: Can you elaborate? 
Barren: *uneasy* I regret many things in my past. I am a pirate, after all...I'll let you guess as to why I hate the person I was.
Me: *nods in understand* What would your best friend say was your best attribute? 
Barren: *laughs* Leaf would say I didn't have one. *pause* Maybe my selflessness. 
Me: What about the worst attribute?
Barren: selflessness. 
Me: By this point in your life, what do you regret most? 
Barren: *shifts uneasily* Murder. 
Me: *shutters* Are we supposed to think you're a good person? 
Barren: *pause* I hope you do. 

30 comments:

  1. Aw, he sounds sweet, despite being a murderer. And wonderfully complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, he sounds really interesting! I wish the interview was just a little longer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Unfortunately, Barren didn't want to comply.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great character, and a very interesting name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can you believe it took him forever to tell me his name??! It was so perfect for him, too!

      Delete
  4. He sounds very interesting. I saw that picture and went: Hello!

    Happy Monday!
    Jaycee's A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Ashley! Barren sounds mysterious. And he's oh-so handsome!!

    Nice to meet you and happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to meet you! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. great interview. Barren seems like a very complicated character. And I love the Matt Bomer picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super interview with a great MC. Like that he's so complex. (Think I have a crush on Matt Bormer.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You're not the only one! hehe. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  8. Aww, this is a great personal glimpse at Barren. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He sounds like a very very interesting and complicated character...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can get complicated. I like complicated! lol. Thank you!

      Delete
  10. You are getting me hooked on your world. Love it! Love the interview. Back tomorrow for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear it! I hope you enjoy what I have planned for "C"!

      Delete
  11. Seems like Barren is a boy with a past...and that he has a flirty side to him too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have a past! Lol. I enjoy Barren's company, especially when he's around his friends. He's pretty funny!

      Delete
  12. Great interview!

    And I LOVE Matthew Bomer. Do you watch White Collar? Great show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend read my book and was like "Ashley, you have to google Matthew Bomer from White Collar. He. IS. Barren." lol. So, I haven't actually watched it yet (though it's on my list of things to hulu).

      Delete
  13. Awesome interview! You have him squirming in his seat. There's a lot of secrets that make a man act like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've teased me so much with you WIP, when it's published it'll be like FINALLY getting to know all my friend's secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved this interview, Ashley. You are so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. See, now you have me rooting for a murderer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ashley, I'm visiting from the A-Z challenge.

    This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok now I feel like an idiot! I've been picturing Ben as Barren, but Matthew fits the bill soooo much better! *drool*

    ReplyDelete