Cutlass Trilogy

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A-Z Challenge: A

Today is the letter A!

I decided my A-Z challenge would be themed for my characters. I have a lot of A characters, but on this one, I have to go with someone from Cutlass because otherwise, I might give too much away. I wish I could introduce everyone to the new characters in Flintlock, but that'll just have to wait!

So, the character of the day is Alex McCloud!

I think Donald Sutherland would be close to what Alex looks like..with a few exceptions.

 


By the time my main character, Barren, meets Alex, he's in his 60's, but he's still sailing. He began as a member of Jess' crew (Barren's father). His face is pretty scarred, he's even missing an eye. Alex is very wise, and, along with Devan, helps Barren connect a lot of the holes in his past. He introduces Barren and Cove which becomes an invaluable friendship.  He is married to Mary McCloud and they have no children, but really take to John Reed, Barren's nephew.

I like to think of Alex as a grandfather figure...
One who really likes guns. lol. 

19 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that he's missing an eye! And Donald could definitely play a grandfather who likes guns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first post! I like learning about characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool you're doing character names. I don't have enough characters to do a whole alphabet. :DDD

    Good luck with the challenge!! ;) <3

    (Oh, and you might want to turn off your word verification, just to make it easier for other bloggers to comment. Love ya, sweets!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learning about characters should be fun! I could see DS fitting your description.

    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great theme. I LOVE Donald Sutherland and his son Keifer. (The new TV show, Touch, is super good.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your character theme is so awesome! Looking forward to meeting all of them this month.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehe! You have to love the grandfather figure who loves guns! *LOL* Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice description and I know you were holding back as to not give the plot away. I'm looking forward to learning more about the world you've created and the people who populate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. after you see hunger games, et al, you may change your mind...
    but i love your theme & he's a great actor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any character that is like Donald Sutherland is one that's going to attract my attention :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the introduction to one of your characters!

    happy A to Z
    baygirl32.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This reminds me of my grandfather. Great post!

    SabrinaAFish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donald Sutherland is a pretty versatile actor, good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea for a theme. Your Alex character sounds so fascinating, and I think Donald Sutherland is such a great actor. Fun to imagine him as your character. I'm looking forward to meeting more of your creations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great start for A. It's going to be fun learning about your characters! Cool idea!
    See you for B! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Ashley. This should be an exciting A-Z. I can't wait to see how you work the alphabet around your characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donald Sutherland has a classic, fascinating face. He would make a fine Alex!

    Welcome to the Challenge!

    KarenG

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone!! <3 Sorry I didn't get to your comments yesterday. I worked 9-6, then buckled down on homework!

    ReplyDelete